Monday 23 April 2012

On Week 6 and 7 of the Hannah Made diet


Piece of piss my ass!  The first problem I had was that in Week 6 I did pretty much the opposite of the first goal I set the week before.  I was out every night of that week.  There was only one night that I got home before 8pm.  I didn’t get to cook at all.  The healthiest meal I would have eaten was the stir fry my husband cooked me.  I didn’t eat any hot chips though.  I guess that’s something.

By the end of Week 6 I wasn’t only upset with my diet, I was upset with how completely out of control my life was.  Some of the things in my schedule could be moved, but I couldn’t move my father-in-laws birthday, mum going into hospital for surgery, or the first anniversary of our Civil Union.  The time I had managed to set aside (one night), was booked by my husband who was nobly trying to help out a friend of ours, and by that time I was starting to go completely insane.

So last week I decided that I was going to properly hibernate.  I was going stir crazy, the mess at home from not being at home was making me anxious, I was about to start another job (temporarily) and on top of that it was bloody cold.  And in Week 7 I achieved this hibernation.  I planned to go to be out for two nights (one of which I KNEW tasty, healthy food would be served at), and in the end, was only out for one night (the tasty food night).

Even with the hibernation, and plans for more hibernation, I have decided to take my diet a little less seriously and (for now) give up the food math.  It has started to become a chore, rather than a fun thing to do.  And to be honest, now I know what is in most of the things I eat, I am pretty reasonable at self monitoring.  I have kinda been doing this for the last four days, and it seems to be working ok.  I’ve also decided this as it is coming in to Winter and my body is rebelling with how strict I have been attempting to be. 

I will be a little easier on myself.  There are foods I will not eat, and haven’t eaten – even on my free days – since I started being accountable for my consumption.  Continuing not to eat these foods will help.  And I’ve gotten into the habit of eating a LOT more fruit and vegetables, which will definitely help me to avoid snacking on high cal, low nutrition foods.  The exercise plan is pretty much out the window just for now.  But I changed my morning work walk route so it’s now more of an up-hill battle, and I still walk about 3 k’s every day I work at my usual job.

And I lost some weight over the last two weeks.  Not much, not quickly, but it’s still a loss.  And to be honest, the goal was to fit back into my jeans by Winter and I have a feeling that I’m less than a kilo away from achieving that goal.  I’m still aiming for 56, but I’m going to be a little less urgent about it.  I am very keen to get back into the 58’s next week though, so I’m hoping I lose around 400 grams this week.

My weigh in days will be changing to Wednesdays.  My normal Monday’s at home will cease to exist from now until August as I go back for a short stint at the video shop to help out my old boss.  The pro about the video shop is that it’s at the end of my street, and next to a vege shop, so I can be home by 5.15pm to cook a proper dinner on Mondays every week, eat fabulously, then settle down to watch a free movie.

Wednesday 11th April current weight:     59.2 kilos
Ultimate goal weight:                             56.0 kilos
Weight loss so far:                                  3.4 kilos
Weight to go:                                          3.2 kilos