Wednesday 16 September 2015

Week 3 of the 30 Day Painting Challenge

Day 15:  The Genie Appears (unintentional) collaboration with Etta

 Day 16: Happy Amoeba

 Day 17:Multicoloured bloodcells

Day 18: Mushroom Fantasy



Day 19: Dancing Crab



Day 20: Tangled Swan



Day 21: Confused Scorpio


In all honesty this week has felt a bit meh.  Last week was great, but I felt a bit stuck following the same path the whole time so tried something a bit different again this week.  Not super stoked with the results, but have still enjoyed playing with paint, making marks, and attempting to replicate marks. 

Mushroom fantasy
is probably my pick of the week.  The marks feel slightly less inhibited than other ones (which makes sense, as they were cos I was in a hurry) which makes me feel like upscaling will be on the agenda when I start a new painting project.  These works are around A5 - so pretty small.  I think they might be more interesting if I blew them way up to something like A1 - but then I'll have to find different tools to work with, which may also render interesting results.

I think I'll have to get my thinking cap on to go into week 4... 

1 comment: