Wednesday 9 September 2015

Week 2 of the 30 Day Painting Challenge

So this second week is off to a better start because I've decided to scan all the images in rather than photographing them with a bad camera.  Duh!  Oh well, concussions are a great excuse for all bad decisions. 

So far, I'm really liking the direction this week seems to be taking and I'm no longer bored of this project.  In fact, I think maybe after this project I'll embark on another project called 70 drawings in 7 days - which is far more similar to my first year studying design at Unitec - which is a good place to revisit to revive the pretty dead practice that is my painting life.

This week is making me interested in paint again.  And especially watercolour.  Which is good cos (again) there is no other painting medium that is plausible for me to use at the moment. 

Day 8: Green Steam


Day 9: Hungry for Anemones

Day 10: America Fish



Day 11: Sneaky Jellyfish

Day 12: Wounded Whale
 Day 13: Lonely Catfish


Day 14: Thoughtful Angler

  
I'm feeling much more positive coming out of this week than I was the last!  The project has kinda started to go its own way, and I'm feeling more confident that I can follow that path rather than worry about having diverted from the initial idea as I am happy with the results. 

My favorite painting this week is probably America Fish.  I am just enjoying the play of colour and layers of paint, and how paint moves and changes and plays together depending on how wet or dry it is, and how paint is placed on paper.  This is all baby watercolour stuff but it's fun and new territory for me (despite majoring in Painting at Unitec I knitted my way through a lot of my degree).

No comments:

Post a Comment